[gdal-dev] WEBP in GEOTIFF

Andreas Neumann a.neumann at carto.net
Sat Oct 10 03:16:15 PDT 2020

Hi Thomas,

Interesting - thanks for the hint about turbo-jpeg.

I found out that my gdal is linked against libjpeg.so.8 and not against
libturbojpeg.so.0 which is also present on my system.

Would I have to tell gdal to compile against libturbojpeg with the
--with-jpeg= flag in order to benefit from turbo-jpeg?

And yes, the mask thing is what I was struggling with JPEG compression
and RGB images, but I got the mask to work by using the following
gdal_translate command:

|gdal_translate -b 1 -b 2 -b 3 -b mask -of COG --config
GDAL_DISABLE_READDIR_ON_OPEN TRUE\ -co COMPRESS=JPEG -co BIGTIFF=YES -co
NUM_THREADS=4 -a_srs EPSG:2056\ infile.vrt outfile.tif|

Thanks and greetings,

Andreas