[gdal-dev] Problem writing with ODS and XLSX drivers

Hernán De Angelis dhdeangelis at comhem.se
Sat Sep 12 12:18:41 PDT 2020

Even and all,

Thank you all for your kind help with this. The two test datasets can be
found here:

https://geonatura.se/test.zip

https://geonatura.se/se_100km.zip

Both files are open data and can be used and shared. "Test.zip" is a
subset of the Swedish registry of environmental monitoring stations
(bathing water). It's attribute table contains a lot of Swedish names.
Encoding is UTF-8. The other is a dataset distributed by the European
Environmental Agency containing a 100x100 km grid for Sweden. No unusual
characters there.

For both datasets the ogr command is:

ogr2ogr -f ODS test.ods test.shp test

and

ogr2ogr -f ODS se_100km.ods se_100km.shp se_100km

Note that exporting to CSV using ogr2ogr works like charm.

Thanks again!

/Hernán