[gdal-dev] NITF Int16 image size limit

ni hao ni_hao88 at hotmail.com
Tue Apr 6 17:09:41 PDT 2021

gdalinfo output i:
Driver: NITF/National Imagery Transmission Format
Files: ##CH_CV_GRD\imagery\12499.ntf
Size is 61180, 19694
Coordinate System is `'
GCP Projection =
GEOGCS["WGS 84",   ... ]
Band 1 Block=1024x1024 Type=UInt16, ColorInterp=Gray
Band 2 Block=1024x1024 Type=UInt16, ColorInterp=Gray

Also I am sure it is the UInt16 overflow, as the message is:
ERROR 3: Unable to read 4194302 byte block from 4324329780
and 2**32 = 4294967296