[gdal-dev] Motion: adopt RFC80

Sean Gillies sean at mapbox.com
Mon Apr 19 10:18:12 PDT 2021

Hi all,

I was unable to comment on https://github.com/OSGeo/gdal/pull/3682 until
now. Sorry about that.

I think we should consider removing the 2nd paragraph under "Advisory
Board" to help keep the maintenance sponsorship and new feature development
concerns separated. It would be enough, I think, for GDAL maintainers to
present to a board several times a year to keep themselves accountable to
sponsors, and that new feature brainstorming -- which is out of scope --
could be done elsewhere.

--
Sean Gillies