[gdal-dev] Python create BigTIFF image

ni hao ni_hao88 at hotmail.com
Tue Apr 20 11:53:23 PDT 2021

Hi list,

I use Python to create GeoTiff image, and I get the error because it exceeds 4GB.
ds = gdal.GetDriverByName('GTiff').Create(output_magnitude, xsize, ysize, 1, gdal.GDT_Float32)

   ERROR 1: TIFFReadDirectory:Failed to read directory at offset 4294957836
   ERROR 1: TIFFWriteDirectoryTagData:Maximum TIFF file size exceeded. Use BIGTIFF=YES creation option.

I need to turn on BIGTIFF=YES
https://gdal.org/drivers/raster/gtiff.html

But I don't do know how. I tried:
ds = gdal.GetDriverByName('GTiff').Create(output_magnitude, xsize, ysize, 1, gdal.GDT_Float32, BIGTIFF=YES)
but it didn't work.