[gdal-dev] exportToPrettyWkt and simplify

Andrew Bell andrew.bell.ia at gmail.com
Wed Apr 21 07:31:27 PDT 2021

exportToPrettyWkt() takes an argument called simplify. If it's set, the
FORMAT option is set to WKT1_SIMPLE before a call is made to exportToWkt().
But it seems that WKT1_SIMPLE is also the default format value for
exportToWkt(). Perhaps I'm misreading, but it seems like the simplify
argument is potentially a no-op, depending on the SRS.

Can someone explain what this argument is supposed to do and how I might
get WKT2 text out of this function?  I'm currently getting an error:

PROJ: proj_as_wkt: DatumEnsemble can only be exported to WKT2:2019

Thanks,

--
Andrew Bell
andrew.bell.ia at gmail.com