[gdal-dev] GDAL 3.3.0 RC1 available

Even Rouault even.rouault at spatialys.com
Mon Apr 26 05:57:18 PDT 2021

Hi,

I have prepared a GDAL/OGR 3.3.0 release candidate. The feedback on beta1 was useful to spot and fix a few bugs.

The changes between beta1 and RC1 are identified in:
https://github.com/OSGeo/gdal/commit/a882173d688e6042c9dc7b1b57d8d169b04abe2b
Note a potential impact on packaging recipees regarding a few esoteric untested/undocumented python scripts,
now moved as "samples" scripts of the gdal-utils package

Pick up an archive among the following ones (by ascending size):

   https://download.osgeo.org/gdal/3.3.0/gdal-3.3.0rc1.tar.xz
   https://download.osgeo.org/gdal/3.3.0/gdal-3.3.0rc1.tar.gz
   https://download.osgeo.org/gdal/3.3.0/gdal330rc1.zip

A snapshot of the gdalautotest suite is also available :

   https://download.osgeo.org/gdal/3.3.0/gdalautotest-3.3.0rc1.tar.gz
   https://download.osgeo.org/gdal/3.3.0/gdalautotest-3.3.0rc1.zip

A snapshot of the documentation is at:

   https://download.osgeo.org/gdal/3.3.0/gdal330doc.zip

GDAL-GRASS plugin:

   https://download.osgeo.org/gdal/3.3.0/gdal-grass-3.3.0.tar.gz

NEWS at:

   https://github.com/OSGeo/gdal/blob/v3.3.0RC1/gdal/NEWS

I'll call for a vote promoting it to final later this week if no
serious problems are reported before.

release/3.3 branch has been created for bug fixes and master is now 3.4.0dev

Best regards,

Even