[gdal-dev] Global min/max

Pierre Chatelier pierre at chachatelier.fr
Tue Apr 27 05:52:29 PDT 2021

I have found the GetStatistics
<https://gdal.org/doxygen/classGDALRasterBand.html#a6aa58b6f0a0c17722b9bf763a96ff069>()
method of GDALRasterBand(), but I did not find any GetStatistics()
available for the whole dataset at a glance.
While it is pretty obvious that it can be achieved by calling
GetStatictics() for all bands and gather the results, I am concerned
about performance.
In my case, I use an ENVI driver with BIL or BIP data interleaving.
Calling GetStatictics() on bands will induce an overhead of data
de-interleaving to gather band raw values, but it is a pity since I will
process all data anyway. I would expect to benefit from memory locality.

Did I miss something ?