[gdal-dev] modify zvalue in database when inserted using zfield option

Saulteau Don sault.don at gmail.com
Fri Aug 13 13:33:13 PDT 2021

I used ogr2ogr to append contours into a larger dataset. I opted for the
zfield option using the ELEVATION field.

I realized one of my contours has a bad value and need to modify it to
match the other contours it is connected to.

I can edit the attribute ELEVATION fine, but when I rerun a mesh tool it
uses the zfield like its the old value instead of the modified one in the
ELEVATION field.

Where are the zvalues hidden in PostGIS to change them? Do I delete the old
line and re-append after I've made the change? That's one option but I was
wondering if I can just easily edit it inside postgis first.

Donovan