[gdal-dev] WFS Vector Layer Improvement

aharon david aharond11 at gmail.com
Sat Aug 28 23:06:33 PDT 2021

Hi,

I want to suggest an  improvement in WFS Vector Layer.

my suggestion is just to remove the lines 839 and 840:
 osURL = CPLURLAddKVP(osURL, "TYPENAME", nullptr);
 osURL = CPLURLAddKVP(osURL, "TYPENAMES", nullptr);

in file: "gdal-3.3.1\ogr\ogrsf_frmts\wfs\ogrwfsdatasource.cpp".

The big advantage is that the GetCapabilitiy Response will be minimal and
contain info only
for the layers that are set in the tag - TYPENAME in case it is placed in
the pszBaseURL.

There is no disadvantage to this change.
There is no change in the function behavior.

THanks.