[gdal-dev] JP2OpenJPEG GDAL nuget for both Windows and Linux

Paul Harwood runette at gmail.com
Wed Dec 15 03:12:54 PST 2021

Not a NUGET package ...

But there is a Conda package which loads the C# bindings on Windows / Mac /
Linux :

see https://gdal.org/api/csharp/csharp_conda.html

It is in Conda since it is a wrapper for the Conda GDAL build - which means
it is the latest version, it is multiplatform and includes the largest set
of drivers (including the one that you want)and there is all of the
benefits of the automatic build toolchain.

The downside is that you need to have Conda and you need to do a bit more
manual work to get the assemblies into your build.

The first is not a great overhead - just use miniconda :
https://docs.conda.io/en/latest/miniconda.html

The manual pages I linked above give some details about the assemblies that
need to be linked. If you are using VS  - you just need to add the
assemblies into the project. You will also need to wrangle the dependency
DLLs if you are building to be distributed to other machines or are
building a GUI app - but it is always good to do that manually anyway.