[gdal-dev] DIMAP format questions

Matt.Wilkie at yukon.ca Matt.Wilkie at yukon.ca
Fri Dec 17 10:00:04 PST 2021

Hi All,

I'm getting conflicting information about the contents of some of the SPOT imagery we've received. Can someone here verify that this archive[0]   contains ortho-rectified stereo imagery? If yes can gdal use it? how?  The conversions I've tried so far use the RPC info but not the GCP, if indeed the files named GROUND_*.XML are GCP.

In the process of working with these files I've come up with number other questions also. They pretty much can be rolled up into: what information is present but NOT handled and/or carried forward by gdal?

For instance aside from the GCP question, there is a MASK folder which contains GML files of Clouds, Region of Interest, Saturation, Snow. I've used ogr2ogr to create polygons of them but have not discovered how to georeferenced them so they can be used with the images.

[0] I've applied a 50 pixel radius Gaussian blur to the multispectral and 300 radius to the panchromatic TIF files. So there should be no intellectual property concerns about keeping this archive as a test case. I used Photoshop to apply the blur. If that introduced something unwanted I can reapply using gdal-calc or similar if someone wants to provide a command line example. All other files were left as is.

thanks in advance for your thoughts and time,

Files attached to this message
Filename        Size    Checksum (SHA256)
SPOT6-sample-stereo-blurred.zip 476 MB  0f730de1e711d1cd4dbfdf84ec1ec414bc98d9c00cc2439ab8f99b1838b3b6ce

Please click on the following link to download the attachments: https://sft.gov.yk.ca/message/y4NYAf5MVrDPa4L10XPOcS

This email or download link can be forwarded to anyone.

The attachments are available until: Saturday, 8 January.

Message ID: y4NYAf5MVrDPa4L10XPOcS
Matt Wilkie
Geomatics Developer & Administrator
Environment | Technology, Innovation and Mapping
T 867-667-8133 | Yukon.ca<http://yukon.ca/>
Hours: 08:30-16:30, Mon-Wed: Office, Thu: Remote, Fri: Away.