[gdal-dev] Get max elevation on "squares"

Luca Bertoncello lucabert at lucabert.de
Tue Dec 28 09:47:51 PST 2021

Am 28.12.2021 um 16:45 schrieb Alan Snow:
> This resource is useful to help you get started exploring raster data
> with Python:

Maybe there is other possibility than write a Python code? I really
don't know Python and if I first need to learn it to extract the
information I need, it will take a while...

I discovered this:
	https://www.eea.europa.eu/data-and-maps/data/digital-elevation-model-of-europe/

The resolution is enough for my purpose and the file size is OK.
So as I understand in this file every pixel has a size of 3x3 km, is it
correct?

So my problem is now to get the "pixel coordinate" from latitude and
longitude and extract the elevation from the TIF.

Am I right, until here?

If yes: can someone suggest me a way to extract the data from this file?
Best solution is a PERL or BASH script, no matter if it runs for hours
or days, since I do the export just once.

Thanks
Luca Bertoncello
(lucabert at lucabert.de)