[gdal-dev] Reading various zoom-levels from a MBTiles db

Deyan Vasilev didomeister at gmail.com
Wed Dec 29 10:47:03 PST 2021

Hello,
I am trying to handle map zooming in a GDAL-based MBTiles windows app. The
only way I have found to control the raster's zoom level is through
GDALOpenEx's open options.

Changing the zoom-level app-side would require closing the MBTiles db and
reopening it, passing the new zoom level as an open option. I made this to
work but it seems to me somehow clumsy as there is surely a significant
overhead for closing and reopening the db.

Can you please share if there is a way to request specific zoom-levels
without doing the closing/reopening stuff?