[gdal-dev] Reading various zoom-levels from a MBTiles db

Deyan Vasilev didomeister at gmail.com
Wed Dec 29 11:13:21 PST 2021

Hello Even,

My map contains no overviews but a seamless collection of PNG tiles with
zoom levels ranging from 13 to 17 (which I suppose is similar to
overviews). Each tile is 256 x 256 pixels with the pixel being RGB888, a
pretty much standard arrangement.

When reading I call each band's RasterIO this way:

GDALRasterBand *b1 = DataSetIn->GetRasterBand(1);
b1->RasterIO(GF_Read, x * MAP_TILE_SIZE, y * MAP_TILE_SIZE, MAP_TILE_SIZE,
MAP_TILE_SIZE, red, MAP_TILE_SIZE, MAP_TILE_SIZE, GDT_Byte, 0, 0, NULL);

having:

MAP_TILE_SIZE defined to be 256
red - is the red band which I've allocated to be 256 x 256 byte-sized pixel
array
x & y are tile's id with respect to the main map's top-left corner at (0,0).

But this would always return data in zoom-level 17.

Deyan