[gdal-dev] follow warp with translate still?

Even Rouault even.rouault at spatialys.com
Thu Dec 30 14:26:17 PST 2021

Matt,

There has been an enhancement in gdalwarp to support writing directly to
drivers, like COG, that supports only the CreateCopy mode. So you don't
need the 2 step process and can directly gdalwarp -of COG (it will more
or less do the 2 steps internally)

If you output to regular GTiff, the 2 step process might be needed to
get the best compression

Even