[gdal-dev] Fw: Building GDAL with ECW support

pteroglossus at pm.me pteroglossus at pm.me
Mon Feb 8 03:46:59 PST 2021

Thank you Markus for the explanation, you were right, I had conflicting libraries. I "located" every "gdal" files, deleted them all, started over from scratch and...

"(Sun Feb 7 22:51:56 2021)
r.in.gdal -f

ECW (rw+): ERDAS Compressed Wavelets (SDK 5.5)
JP2ECW (rw+): ERDAS JPEG2000 (SDK 5.5)"

However:

"(Sun Feb 7 22:52:28 2021)
r.import input=/media/k/Data/Data/Perso/Carto/SCAN50_2012.ecw output=SCAN50_2012 -o
No projection information available
Over-riding projection check
Importing 3 raster bands...
Importing raster map <SCAN50_2012.1>...
Importing raster map <SCAN50_2012.2>...
Importing raster map <SCAN50_2012.3>...
(Sun Feb 7 23:51:01 2021) Command finished (58 min 33 sec)
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/local/grass79/gui/wxpython/core/gconsole.py",
line 691, in OnCmdDone

event.onDone(event)
File
"/usr/local/grass79/gui/wxpython/modules/import_export.py",
line 518, in OnCmdDone

self.AddLayers(event.returncode, event.cmd, event.userData)
File
"/usr/local/grass79/gui/wxpython/modules/import_export.py",
line 276, in AddLayers

if not self.add.IsChecked() or returncode != 0:
RuntimeError
:
wrapped C/C++ object of type CheckBox has been deleted"

I do not have the slightest idea what could have caused that. FYI I did not encounter any issue during the compilation and installation processes.

I've never been closer to importing my .ecw into GRASS GIS, could you nudge me in the right direction one last time?

Best,
Kevin