[gdal-dev] How to use Vector API to get text from MapInfo text type?

Matt matt.jk3 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 16 09:02:15 PST 2021

Hello

I'm trying to read MapInfo files by calling GDAL library from another
language.
I mostly followed the official Vector API tutorial, but now I got stuck
with no idea how to proceed.

I pass the geometry handle to OGR_G_GetGeometryType and flatten the result.
MapInfo's TABText feature geometry is an OGRPoint, so I think I should get
a wkbPoint geometry type, but TABPoint, TABFontPoint, TABCustomPoint,
TABEllipse, and TABArc features can also have OGRPoint geometry.

Using only the API, how can I tell these types apart (if that's a mandatory
step) and read their unique fields, like the text of TABText?

Kind Regards
Matt Ors