[gdal-dev] The proper way to call gdal "scripts" on Windows?

Idan Miara idan at miara.com
Thu Feb 25 00:33:29 PST 2021

Hi All,

I was wondering what is the proper way to call the gdal scripts that are
installed on the "Python3X\Scripts" on Windows.

Is there an easier way but to call "python
c:\Python38\Scripts\gdal_calc.py", for instance?
I do have the scripts folder in my path.

# this opens gdal_calc.py with my IDE
C:\>gdal_calc

# this opens gdal_calc.py with my IDE as well
C:\>gdal_calc.py

C:\>python gdal_calc.py
python: can't open file 'gdal_calc.py': [Errno 2] No such file or directory

C:\>python c:\Python38\Scripts\gdal_calc.py
Usage: gdal_calc.py --calc=expression --outfile=out_filename [-A filename]
                    [--A_band=n] [-B...-Z filename] [other_options]

Regards,
Idan