[gdal-dev] The proper way to call gdal "scripts" on Windows?

Richard Duivenvoorde rdmailings at duif.net
Thu Feb 25 01:40:59 PST 2021

On 2/25/21 10:15 AM, Idan Miara wrote:

> I guess that because I had `scripts` in my path I expected that `python gdal_calc.py` would also work (unrelated to which application is associated with py files), but it seems that it only works for files in the current dir or when providing a full path, and it doesn't work for files in the path (unless you cd to that dir).
> Richard - I'm not sure which batch files you were referring to, which gdal distribution created gdal_calc.bat files for you?

Hi Idan,

no worries: I was just guessing. I'm a Linux user, but sometimes Windows user at clients..

I thought to have seen that some Python packages install small 'bat-files in the Python Scripts folder, just to be able to call the actual python scripts.

So I was guessing that on Windows there would be a gdal_calc.bat script to call the actual gdal_calc.py.. but apparently I was wrong ;-~

Regards,

Richard Duivenvoorde