[gdal-dev] Considering drivers removal ?

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Tue Jan 12 09:56:13 PST 2021

On Tue, Jan 12, 2021 at 12:38 PM Howard Butler <howard at hobu.co> wrote:

> The only question that matters here is "Who is going to maintain it?" and
> if the answer to that is "no one", it should be removed. There doesn't need
> to be any meetings because the only criteria that matters is if someone is
> willing to maintain it. We should provide the list of drivers and assign
> the GitHub handles that step forward to be responsible for each. If obscure
> government one-offs formats have an audience of downtrodden government
> users forced to use them, they need to put their handle in and take
> ownership. They then need to find the time, money, or attention to carry
> things forward.

Howard / Even,

I'd be willing to commit to maintaining some of the archaic drivers that
meet the conditions I mentioned (buildable, testable in core build).  If
Even would like I can provide a sublist of those he proposed i'd be willing
to be responsible for.

warmerdam at pobox.com
light and sound - activate the windows | +1 650-701-7823