[gdal-dev] Computing my overviews for GeoTIFF

Javier Jimenez Shaw j1 at jimenezshaw.com
Tue Jul 13 09:24:33 PDT 2021

Sounds good.

My next question is how to write the overviews data efficiently.
I see that there is a method "GDALRasterBand * GDALRasterBand::GetOverview
( int i ) ", but for that I need to deinterlace the image (copying it), and
call it 4 times. Is there any trick I am missing while calling
GDALRasterBand::RasterIO? Maybe some black magic with the pixel and line
spaces? The images/overviews I get from the GPU are interlaced (RGBARGBA)
On the other side there is "GDALDataset::RasterIO(...)", but there is not
explicit way to set the overview level.

Thanks
Entre dos pensamientos racionales
hay infinitos pensamientos irracionales.