[gdal-dev] Get bounds of object before reprojection?

Craig Delancy cdelancy at blackfangtechnologies.com
Tue Jul 13 14:21:05 PDT 2021

Using the c++ API, how would I go about getting the bounds of a raster dataset, reprojected into another projection, without actually performing the reprojection first? Is there a way to do this, or do I have to do the reprojection to get this info?

I was thinking I could get the corners and reproject them as points, but I think this could give an incorrect answer depending on the target projection.

Thank you.