[gdal-dev] Renaming of GDAL Advisory Board

Even Rouault even.rouault at spatialys.com
Fri Jun 4 09:24:25 PDT 2021

Hi,

We just had a meeting with NumFOCUS staff, and they suggested we should
rename the GDAL Advisory Board to something else. The issue is with the
Board term which is a legal term and may implicate that it is a deciding
body, which it is not. They suggested Council, Committee, as potential
alternatives. As committee is already used for the PSC, I think "GDAL
Advisory Council" could be a good fit.

If there's no opposition to this, I'll change all references to it on
the GDAL website (RFC 80, sponsorship prospectus), and ask for the
related mailing list to be renamed/recreated.

Other news: the Fiscal Sponsorship Agreement document, which will make
us officialy a NumFOCUS sponsored project, is now in the signing loop.

Even