[gdal-dev] gdal & WMS

Even Rouault even.rouault at spatialys.com
Thu Jun 17 08:47:08 PDT 2021

Ming,

A OGRLayer is a *vector* layer, not a raster one. So you should rather
look at the raster API: https://gdal.org/tutorials/raster_api_tut.html

Depending on the kind of URL you provide to GDAL, you may get directly a
workable dataset, or just a placeholder that links to real datasets with
the subdataset (which can be seen as a king of raster layer) mechanism,
using GDALDataset::GetMetadata("SUBDATASETS") to get the list of
subdatasets, and then pass to GDALOpen() the value of one of the
SUBDATASET_xx_NAME item

Even