[gdal-dev] Motion: adopt RFC 81: support for coordinate epochs in geospatial formats

Even Rouault even.rouault at spatialys.com
Fri Jun 18 07:19:17 PDT 2021

Hi,

I declare this motion passed with +1 from JukkaR and myself, -0 from
HowardB and +0 from KurtS

I've issued a revision of my original pull request in
https://github.com/OSGeo/gdal/pull/4011 that leaves out support for GML,
KML, GeoJSON, Shapefile and GMLJP2 (JPEG2000 can still benefit from
coordinate epoch through GeoJP2). So support is implemented for
GeoPackage (the GeoPackage SWG adopted yesterday the proposed change),
GeoTIFF (my proposal received good support so will eventually be added
in the GeoTIFF 1.2 spec), FlatGeoBuf, VRT, PAM .aux.xml and the MEM drivers.

The OGR_CT_USE_SRS_COORDINATE_EPOCH config option can be set to NO to
ignore the coordinate epoch coming from source or target CRS during
coordinate transformations.

Even