[gdal-dev] FileGDB missing in C#

Paul Harwood runette at gmail.com
Mon Jun 21 05:17:23 PDT 2021

Assuming you mean this NuGet package https://www.nuget.org/packages/GDAL/
then I think it is managed by the SharpMap team
<https://github.com/SharpMap/SharpMap> - you probably should try asking
there. As far as I know it comes with a custom build of GDAL 2.4.x (i.e
gdal204.dll) - which is  not near the current latest version (3.3.x)  {but
if I am wrong about that I would love to know}.

if you mean this NuGet package
https://www.nuget.org/packages/MaxRev.Gdal.Core/ then you probably need to
raise a question on the MaxRev site. I know that the standard build is only
a limited set of drivers but I think they have instructions about how to
compile more in.

There is also a conda package for the C# integrations  - see this page
https://gdal.org/api/csharp/csharp_conda.html and this page
https://gdal.org/api/csharp/index.html.

This uses the latest conda GDAL package - so is always up to date but
requires a bit more manual integration into your .NET app than NuGet (see
the page linked above).

I checked and the current GDAL conda package (as used by the conda csharp
package) :

- includes the OpenFileGDB driver
<https://gdal.org/drivers/vector/openfilegdb.html>
- does not include the 3rd Party library based FileGDB driver
<https://gdal.org/drivers/vector/filegdb.html>

Which one were you looking for?