[gdal-dev] Problem with OAPIF and numeric id in the data

Even Rouault even.rouault at spatialys.com
Mon Jun 21 10:57:39 PDT 2021

> A bit strange message at the end of the debug info but I guess that
> for some reason the features are read twice:
It's due to the reporting of feature count and layer extent. If you just
want the feature listing, add -nocount -noextent

> However, QGIS seems to drop the native fids and generate new ones but
> that’s another problem to learn to circumvent.

Hum, I'm afraid it will not be easy. The QGIS WFS / OAPIF provider
stores internally the feature id in the internal feature cache but
doesn't expose it. The QGIS feature id you get from such layer is a
purely synthetical one, and that may change between sessions. Trying to
remember about that design choice, there are several reasons:

  * if the WFS layer is a result of a join operation, there is no unique id
  * if we exposed the gml:id (or JSON id) as a regular field, that could
    cause issues for transactional WFS support where you don't want
    users to modify that value

That could probably be changed pending some work.

Even