[gdal-dev] GDAL 3.2.2 RC1 available

Greg Troxel gdt at lexort.com
Fri Mar 5 13:33:06 PST 2021

Even Rouault <even.rouault at spatialys.com> writes:

> I have prepared a GDAL/OGR 3.2.2 release candidate.
>
> Pick up an archive among the following ones (by ascending size):
>
>   https://download.osgeo.org/gdal/3.2.2/gdal-3.2.2rc1.tar.xz
>   https://download.osgeo.org/gdal/3.2.2/gdal-3.2.2rc1.tar.gz
>   https://download.osgeo.org/gdal/3.2.2/gdal322rc1.zip

I locally updated the pkgsrc package (from 3.2.1) and built on NetBSD 9
amd64, which was uneventful.  With the new package installed, I was able
to start qgis and see my expected layers.  The shlib major did not
change.  So it looks good to me.

I have not tested on any other arches, such as earmvhf-el or aarch64.  I
have a dim recollection of trouble with gdal 3.0 on one of those, but I
realize you don't want to deal with 3.0 reports and now I won't ever
build it.   I'll of course send a note if I run into an actual problem.

(I know I should run the test suite; on my todo list.)

It would be nice if 3.2.2rc1 unpacked to 3.2.2rc1 instead of 3.2.2,
because the obvious thing for me to do is just change the version in the
package control file and rebuild, but it unpacks to a place not matching
the tarball name.  It's easy enough for me to rename tit, but then I
have a file that looks like the release but isn't.  I realize the other
half of the people probably wouldn't like it with the rc1 in the
directory name, but just thought I'd mention my experience.

Greg