[gdal-dev] What is lost when converting 12 bit imagery to 8 bit?

Matt.Wilkie at yukon.ca Matt.Wilkie at yukon.ca
Thu Mar 18 09:04:38 PDT 2021

Thank you all. This is good information and helps solidify my thinking: we ask for both.

We want to keep getting the processed to 8bit visual imagery as we don’t have the capacity to that in-house for the amount of data we get. However we also want to have 12 bit for those occasions when analysis is primary goal, and we do this also.

Cheers,

-Matt