[gdal-dev] OAPIF with Accept-encoding: gzip

Even Rouault even.rouault at spatialys.com
Tue Mar 23 07:02:41 PDT 2021

Hi Jukka,

Accept-Encoding: gzip is actually sent by default as you can see with
"ogrinfo
OAPIF:"https://beta-paikkatieto.maanmittauslaitos.fi/inspire-buildings/features/v1/collections/building/"
--debug on --config CPL_CURL_VERBOSE YES", and the server honors it:

[...]

> GET
/inspire-buildings/features/v1/collections/building/items?f=json&limit=10
HTTP/1.1
Host: beta-paikkatieto.maanmittauslaitos.fi
Accept-Encoding: gzip
Accept: application/geo+json, application/json

< HTTP/1.1 200 OK
[...]

Curl automatically uncompress the data, so this is transparent for GDAL.

The debug trace "HTTP: These HTTP headers were set" is a bit misleading
as it only displays the HEADERS option sent to CPLHttpFetch(), but not
the content of what is specified with the GDAL_HTTP_HEADER_FILE config
option. Enabling Curl traces with CPL_CURL_VERBOSE=YES is the ultimate
way of seeing what is really sent to the server.

Even