[gdal-dev] interpreting gdalcompare results

jratike80 jukka.rahkonen at maanmittauslaitos.fi
Thu Mar 25 04:01:41 PDT 2021

Hi,

There is some documentation in https://gdal.org/programs/gdalcompare.html:

Synopsis:
gdalcompare.py [-sds] golden_file new_file

<golden_file>
The file that is considered correct, referred to as the golden file.

<new_file>
The file being compared to the golden file, referred to as the new file.

In your report the golden file (call is as the first file if it feels
better) has zero overview levels and the second file has 5 overview levels.

At pixel level there are no differences. The script does not inform about
similarities. You can also have a look at the comments in the script itself.
You can find it from your computer and from GitHub
https://github.com/OSGeo/gdal/blob/master/gdal/swig/python/osgeo/utils/gdalcompare.py.

-Jukka Rahkonen-

mhw-at-yg wrote