[gdal-dev] Computing a geo-transform with gdalwarp from a set of GCPs also rectifies the input images

Even Rouault even.rouault at spatialys.com
Thu Mar 25 11:15:52 PDT 2021

> If it is not possible to get this information, could you point out the
> code snippet that performs the rectification step?
> Since GDAL's code base is quite large, it is not easy to find the
> appropriate location.
Entry point of the logic to compute the transformation from source pixel
coordinates to target pixel coordinates

https://github.com/OSGeo/gdal/blob/master/gdal/alg/gdaltransformer.cpp#L1380

And in the first step of this transformation, when using polynomial
adjustment of GCPs, you'll use:

https://github.com/OSGeo/gdal/blob/master/gdal/alg/gdal_crs.cpp

Even