[gdal-dev] Call for discussion on RFC 81 (was Re: Support for coordinate epoch of dynamic CRS)

Nyall Dawson nyall.dawson at gmail.com
Tue May 11 15:36:29 PDT 2021

On Tue, 11 May 2021 at 00:00, Even Rouault <even.rouault at spatialys.com> wrote:

> I've formalized that work as a RFC : https://github.com/OSGeo/gdal/pull/3827
>
> Le 10/05/2021 à 13:38, Even Rouault a écrit :
> > Hi,
> >
> > for those not actively tracking github pull requests, I wanted to
> > point at https://github.com/OSGeo/gdal/pull/3810 which adds initial
> > support for coordinate epoch of dynamic CRS. You might want to start
> > by reading
> > https://github.com/rouault/gdal/blob/coordinate_epoch/gdal/doc/source/user/coordinate_epoch.rst

I'm in favour of the proposal and the changes introduced in the
associated PR. There's a very long road ahead of the whole spatial
community (both proprietary and open source) before we can properly
support dynamic CRSes, but this is a step forward in the right
direction.

Thanks for your hard work and initiative in this regards Even!

Nyall