[gdal-dev] Two JPEG-XL libraries - was Re: draft NEWS for 3.4.0

Andrew C Aitchison andrew at aitchison.me.uk
Mon Nov 1 01:59:54 PDT 2021

On Fri, 29 Oct 2021, Even Rouault wrote:

> if you feel bored this week end, you can review and submit tweaks for the
> NEWS file:
>
> https://github.com/OSGeo/gdal/blob/release/3.4/gdal/NEWS

 	New optional dependencies

 	* libjxl (master) when using internal libtiff for JPEG-XL support in TIFF
 	* libbrunsli for JPEG-XL support in MRF driver (as well as existing libzstd)

*Two* optional JPEG-XL libraries could be confusing.
Is there a wish to update one driver so that we can use a single
JPEG-XL library ?

(I note that both are still under development,
perhaps it is to early to pick one?)

--
Andrew C. Aitchison					Kendal, UK
 			andrew at aitchison.me.uk