[gdal-dev] Multi-threading GDALRasterBand::RasterIO() ?

Simon Eves simon.eves at omnisci.com
Mon Nov 1 13:58:15 PDT 2021

You can ignore this.

I have rather belatedly found the documentation that says that one must
open a GDALDataset per thread, even if it's on the same file.

The multi-threading now works just fine.

Interestingly, we're not actually doing that with our existing geo
importer. I guess it's OK because we're pulling the OGRFeatures out with
the process thread, and only converting and loading them with the child
threads. I guess I really ought to rewrite that code too now. Sigh.

As you were...

Simon