[gdal-dev] ogr2ogr does not convert OSM polygons

Clay, Bruce bclay at infoscitex.com
Tue Nov 2 07:21:59 PDT 2021

When I convert a OSM pbf file to postgres using the following script it does not create a multipolygon table

ogr2ogr -f PostgreSQL PG:"dbname='open_street_map' host='db-host' port='5432' user='postgres' password='pwd'" -lco schema=country country_pbf  --config OSM_MAX_TMPFILE_SIZE 1024

When I do the same thing using osm2pgsql (shown below) it creates the polygon table but not the other_relations table

osm2pgsql -H hostname -U postgres -d open_street_map --output-pgsql-schema=country --create --latlong -G --hstore --tag-transform-script /OpenStreetMap/openstreetmap-carto-master/openstreetmap-carto.lua -C 2500 --number-processes 5 -S /OpenStreetMap/openstreetmap-carto-master/openstreetmap-carto.style country-latest.osm.pbf.

I did not see this problem when I Googled.

Is this a known issue and is there a work around?

Bruce