[gdal-dev] [EXTERNAL] Re: ogr2ogr does not convert OSM polygons

Rahkonen Jukka (MML) jukka.rahkonen at maanmittauslaitos.fi
Tue Nov 2 12:35:00 PDT 2021

Hi,

Please take care to send mail also to the list.

The error that you get means probably that the Proj coordinate transformation library finds an older version of the proj.db file. With the gisinternals installation that file is in [gdal_installation_directory]\bin\proj7\share. Environmental variable PROJ_LIB should point into there. How did you launch ogr2ogr after installation? If you installed from the zip file you must run first the batch file "sdkshell.bat" for setting the paths and environment variables. If you used installer then you should launch GDAL command window from the shortcuts. In both cases when settings are OK you can run ogr2ogr simply as "ogr2ogr".

Other_relations contain geometries which are of geometry type "GeometryCollection". Unfortunately QGIS has very little support for GeometryCollections. You can see the attributes but not the geometries. If you are interested in the relations you must use some workarounds with QGIS or use other programs. For example OpenJUMP can do pretty well with relations but it is not so well documented.

-Jukka Rahkonen-