[gdal-dev] ogr2ogr and WFS 2

Even Rouault even.rouault at spatialys.com
Mon Nov 29 04:11:34 PST 2021

Hernán,

The URL you specify in the WFS: connection string isn't in general the
one of a GetFeature request, but only the endpoint of the service. When
you specify a GetFeature request, some heuristics trigger, but in WFS 2,
the COUNT parameter is interpreted as the page size, but as this server
supports paging, it is actually overridden by the page size returned by
the server (this part is a bug, addressed per
https://github.com/OSGeo/gdal/pull/4914), and anyway whatever the page
size used, it scrolls by default through the results.

If you add  --config OGR_WFS_PAGING_ALLOWED NO you'll get the behavior
you expect. The above mentioned pull request also clarifies this hopefully.

Even