[gdal-dev] Should we make also GTiff to use TILED=YES as default?

Rahkonen Jukka (MML) jukka.rahkonen at maanmittauslaitos.fi
Tue Nov 30 10:29:06 PST 2021

Hi,

On the other hand those QGIS users pay the price every time when they zoom close to the same image because then QGIS must read many super wide rows of data instead of just the tiles that intersect the view. Not even overviews which are created on top of striped image do not help when user hit the native resolution. But perhaps it is not so important what is the default, experienced users maybe know what they want.

-Jukka Rahkonen-