[gdal-dev] Use gdalwarp to convert DTM from EGM96 geoid to WGS84 ellipsoid height

Daniel Jacobs Daniel.Jacobs at is4s.com
Mon Oct 11 07:23:40 PDT 2021

I want to convert my DTM geotiff file from height above geoid to height above ellipsoid.

I've tried the following command (among numerous similar commands):

    gdalwarp -overwrite in_dem.tif out_dem.tif -s_srs EPSG:4326+5773 -t_srs EPSG:4979

I have files egm96_15.gtx​ and us_nga_egma96_15.tif​ in my /usr/share/proj​ resource directory, and PROJ_LIB​ is set to /usr/share/proj​.

This transform works:

    $gdaltransform -s_srs EPSG:4326+5773 -t_srs EPSG:4979
    Enter X Y [Z [T]] values separated by space, and press Return.
    10 20 0
    10 20 26.504430770874

But the output file of gdalwarp​ is never different from the input file, no matter what I try. Is it because the file is a DTM instead of a DEM?

Thanks!

The information contained in this e-mail and any attachments from Integrated Solutions for Systems may contain confidential and/or proprietary information, and is intended only for the named recipient to whom it was originally addressed. If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, distribution, or copying of this e-mail or its attachments is strictly prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender immediately by return e-mail and permanently delete the e-mail and any attachments.