[gdal-dev] GDAL ConfigOptions

Azat.Nurgaliev at dlr.de Azat.Nurgaliev at dlr.de
Mon Oct 25 05:25:44 PDT 2021

Hello everyone,

I am working on optimizing a GDAL application that uses RasterIO and GeoTiff.
I am using the C++ library.

I would like to experiment with different ConfigOptions, but they have no effect on the application.
I specify them in an environment variable and directly in the code.

I am especially interested in GTIFF_DIRECT_IO.

I use blktrace I/O trace to check.
It traces all I/O operations, and through it I see that the application sends "RA" operations, which means readahead.
The readahed operations only happen when buffered I/O is enabled, and readahead operations should no longer happen when direct I/O is enabled.

Could you please help me with the correct use of ConfigOptions?

Cheers,
Azat