[gdal-dev] GDAL 3.3.3 RC1 available, and imminent tree reorganization in master

Even Rouault even.rouault at spatialys.com
Mon Oct 25 05:48:42 PDT 2021

Hi,

I have prepared a GDAL/OGR 3.3.3 release candidate.

Pick up an archive among the following ones (by ascending size):

   https://download.osgeo.org/gdal/3.3.3/gdal-3.3.3rc1.tar.xz
   https://download.osgeo.org/gdal/3.3.3/gdal-3.3.3rc1.tar.gz
   https://download.osgeo.org/gdal/3.3.3/gdal333rc1.zip

A snapshot of the gdalautotest suite is also available :

https://download.osgeo.org/gdal/3.3.3/gdalautotest-3.3.3rc1.tar.gz
   https://download.osgeo.org/gdal/3.3.3/gdalautotest-3.3.3rc1.zip

GDAL-GRASS plugin:

   https://download.osgeo.org/gdal/3.3.3/gdal-grass-3.3.3.tar.gz

The NEWS file is here :

   https://github.com/OSGeo/gdal/blob/v3.3.3RC1/gdal/NEWS

I'll call for a vote promoting it to final later this week if no
serious problems are reported before.

~~~~

Other topic:  the release/3.4 branch (with RC1 to be created from it
next week) has now been created and master is thus open for 3.5dev

As I mentioned last week, https://github.com/OSGeo/gdal/pull/4663
contains the initial import of the cmake4gdal repository and follow-up
improvements. It also contains a move of the gdal/ subdirectory to the
top level directory. I plan to merge this very soon, so please speak up
now if there are concerns.

Even