[gdal-dev] GDAL 3.3.2 RC3 is available [was Re: GDAL 3.3.2 RC2 available]

Greg Troxel gdt at lexort.com
Wed Sep 1 07:14:01 PDT 2021

Even Rouault <even.rouault at spatialys.com> writes:

> Updated download links following Sean's proposed directory naming
> convention:
>
>   https://download.osgeo.org/gdal/3.3.2rc3/gdal-3.3.2rc3.tar.xz
>   https://download.osgeo.org/gdal/3.3.2rc3/gdal-3.3.2rc3.tar.gz
>   https://download.osgeo.org/gdal/3.3.2rc3/gdal332rc3.zip

This surprised me - I thought the comment was about the directory name
in the unpacked set of files, not the URL.  From my viewpoint not having
the rc in the dirname was good, because the rc is not in the unpacked
dirname.  (It also surprised me to be happening at rcN stage, but that's
not important.)

(I realize the point of the rc is to promote it unchanged, but that
means the convention that foo-${VERSION} unpacks to
foo-${VERSION}/README and so on is violated, and that requires working
around at least in pkgsrc.  However I have that workaround already,
basically seting two VERSION variables, version and rcsuffix, and using
one or both in various places.  So from my viewpoint, it's better to let
things be.)

> https://download.osgeo.org/gdal/3.3.2rc3/gdalautotest-3.3.2rc3.tar.gz
> https://download.osgeo.org/gdal/3.3.2rc3/gdalautotest-3.3.2rc3.zip

I had managed to miss that autotest had tarballs, but I'm glad to see
it.  I suppose I should create a gdal-autotest package that either
installs nothing and can run tests at package creation time, or installs
the tests so that they can be run on the system.  For now I have a git
checkout.

(test build in process)