[gdal-dev] GDAL 3.3.2 RC3 is available [was Re: GDAL 3.3.2 RC2 available]

Sebastiaan Couwenberg sebastic at xs4all.nl
Wed Sep 1 07:20:06 PDT 2021

On 9/1/21 4:14 PM, Greg Troxel wrote:
> Even Rouault <even.rouault at spatialys.com> writes:
>
>> Updated download links following Sean's proposed directory naming
>> convention:
>>
>>   https://download.osgeo.org/gdal/3.3.2rc3/gdal-3.3.2rc3.tar.xz
>>   https://download.osgeo.org/gdal/3.3.2rc3/gdal-3.3.2rc3.tar.gz
>>   https://download.osgeo.org/gdal/3.3.2rc3/gdal332rc3.zip
>
> This surprised me - I thought the comment was about the directory name
> in the unpacked set of files, not the URL.

>From a Debian packaging point of view I'm also not a fan of the rc
subdirectories, it was much better to have the RCs and final release in
the same directory.

3.3.2rc3 sorts after 3.3.2, 3.3.2~rc3 sorts before 3.3.2 but that
directory has the older rc2 release. If all future releases use the
pre-release suffix for the directory the watch file in the Debian
package can be adapted, otherwise we'll have the change to work with
whatever is use for the most recent release.

Kind Regards,

Bas

--
 GPG Key ID: 4096R/6750F10AE88D4AF1