[gdal-dev] Official IRC channel

Sandro Santilli strk at kbt.io
Wed Sep 8 08:21:25 PDT 2021

On Tue, Sep 07, 2021 at 02:52:02PM +0200, Even Rouault wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've just updated the doc to point to https://web.libera.chat/#gdal
>
> There was a previous mention of a bridging between a GDAL Matrix room and
> freenode #gdal, but I'm not sure if that was ported to libera.chat so I've
> removed that mention for now

Hi Even, we registered on libera.chat network as OSGeo, covering a few
namespaces, but "gdal" namespace was left out. Would you agree on
adding it under the OSGeo project umbrella and to be part of the
contact list for the OSGeo project ?

The current list of contacts is here:
  https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/IRC#Libera

The GDAL IRC channel line on the wiki was also already
updated to point to libera:
  https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/IRC#Libera

Note that in order to setup the bridge with the Matrix room we need
an Administrator of the Matrix room (I'm Administrator, and will
happily grant it to you if you give me a matrix UserID which you
consider "safe" - @rouault:osgeo.org is ok?) and also an IRC channel
*operator*, which can't be obtained at the moment if we don't register
it somehow.

--strk;