[gdal-dev] Handling NetCDF using UGRID Convention

Even Rouault even.rouault at spatialys.com
Wed Sep 8 14:31:23 PDT 2021

Hi,

no the GDAL raster driver has no support for the UGRIB convention. You
could likely use the multidimensional API
(https://gdal.org/user/multidim_raster_data_model.html) and tools to
access such files at a lower level, but you'd probably be better uses
MDAL which has apparently a UGRIB reader:
https://www.mdal.xyz/drivers/ugrid.html and should be able to expose meshes.

Even