[gdal-dev] profiles in gdal2tiles.py

Even Rouault even.rouault at spatialys.com
Fri Sep 17 14:57:42 PDT 2021

Le 17/09/2021 à 23:03, Brent Fraser a écrit :
> Hi All,
>
> I'm interested in experimenting with creating tile sets in various
> coordinate systems (other than the usual EPSG:3857 and EPSG:4326).
>  The good news is that it looks like as of GDAL v3.2 gdal2tiles.py
> supports a "profile" option for defining the tile set including the
> coordinate system.
>
> The profile is in JSON with all the detail gdal2tiles would require to
> create tiles (example:
> https://github.com/OSGeo/gdal/blob/master/gdal/data/tms_MapML_APSTILE.json
> <https://github.com/OSGeo/gdal/blob/master/gdal/data/tms_MapML_APSTILE.json>)
This follows the JSON encoding of the OGC Two Dimensional Tile Matrix
Set  specification:
https://docs.opengeospatial.org/is/17-083r2/17-083r2.html

> I suppose I could create a profile JSON file by hand (or do some
> coding) but I thought I would ask if there was an existing tool?
Not that I'm aware of. A few lines of Python should be enough to create
a profile with zoom levels varying by a factor of 2 for the resolution,
which is currently a constraint for the profile to be accepted by
gdal2tiles.