[gdal-dev] Build GDAL for RedHat 7.9 with python bindings and non-default drivers

Markus Neteler neteler at osgeo.org
Wed Jan 12 06:30:53 PST 2022

Hi Roman,

On Wed, Jan 12, 2022 at 1:42 PM Roman Breitfuss-Schiffer
<roman.schiffer at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Markus!
>
> Thanks for your detailed information!
>
> I was trying to download the RPMs
> https://copr.fedorainfracloud.org/coprs/neteler/GDAL/ on a CentOS 7
> distribution with the given installation instruction (sudo wget -O
> /etc/yum.repos.d/gdal-copr.repo
> https://copr.fedoraproject.org/coprs/neteler/GDAL/repo/epel-7/neteler-GDAL-epel-7.repo)
> but was getting an 404.

ahh... ok, after some time (1 year I think) Fedora deletes old file to
recover disk space.

> I'm pretty new to the packaging & building RPM topic but will continue
> looking into it. Therefore, I think I won't clone your repo for now but
> maybe in the future :)

I have made a new attempt (files are back), with the SPEC file here:
https://download.copr.fedorainfracloud.org/results/neteler/GDAL/epel-7-x86_64/03146885-gdal/gdal.spec

It didn't fully run through but maybe a good starting point.

Best,
Markus

--
Markus Neteler, PhD