[gdal-dev] Fwd: DOI for the GDAL project / Springer Handbook of Geoinformatics

Kurt Schwehr schwehr at gmail.com
Wed Jan 12 09:18:37 PST 2022

I don't see a reason not to, but the question is what to point to.

The GRASS link points to an RC, which doesn't feel right.  It appears that
we'd be wanting to do a new doi for each release. Is that really what the
community wants?  Does Zenodo want to be storing a tar for each release for
all time?  This would make Zenodo yet another package distribution system,
which seems cra

I would think it would be better to have simple doi entry with no attached
files that is updated with each release to mention the release with links
and hashes of the tar?

I'm overloaded, so I can't take the lead on this.  I do have this gist of
me playing with the doi system just over a year ago, if anyone is
interested in seeing how the API side of DOIs work.  It uses absl.app, but
that is easy to replace.

https://gist.github.com/schwehr/22ce6080eb9e730ef04fccfa25072e3a